Digital Marketing & Strategy Professional
Over twenty years digital and product marketing experience. Extensive work in consumer health education (Everyday Health, WebMD) driving quality organic web traffic. Broad ranges of responsibilities and skills have been developed to oversee strategic planning, marketing activities and staff management.
Digital Marketing Consultant, San Clemente, CA
Providing online product, content, and organic audience acquisition strategies, UX, and search engine optimization (SEO) services to clients ranging from large multinationals to start-up organizations.
Pipedrive, New York, London, Tallinn (2018-present)
Pipedrive is a leading SaaS B2B sales CRM and pipeline management tool. I’ve been a consultant to Pipedrive since September 2018. Reporting to the CRO, I’ve been working with the teams in NY, London and Tallinn on various projects and recently managing the web and product management teams within the revenue organization while helping with the hiring process.
Interim Head of Web / Product Marketing 2019-present
Consultant to Acquisition Team 2018
Everyday Health Media, LLC, New York, NY (2015-2017)
Vice President Audience Development (everydayhealth.com, whattoexpect.com)
Developed strategic planning for SEO initiatives across the two sites (30+MM monthly search visits). Managed a team of 10 people focused on quality organic growth for this digital media company which produces content about health and wellness. Grew search traffic 56% over two years. Efforts included SEO training, content discovery and optimization, mobile friendliness (including accelerated mobile pages or AMP), UX, and structured data (schema.org). Company acquired by Ziff Davis in December 2016.
DuJour Media, New York, NY (2014)
Digital Director (dujour.com)
Provided digital strategies for this luxury magazine publisher looking to expand online footprint. Developed site information architecture, display media strategy, deployed SEO best practices, and helped to successfully migrate to a WordPress CMS.
Travora Media, New York, NY (2012)
Senior Vice President, Audience & Content Marketing
Responsible for traffic acquisition for Travora.com – a travel information portal, leveraging 4 owned and operated branded sites (10Best, Localyte, NileGuide, and Travelmuse). Worked on post launch content, social, and email marketing strategy. Company acquired by AdVantage Networks/MediaShift in February 2013.
WebMD Health Corp. (NASDAQ: WBMD) San Clemente, CA (2004-2012)
WebMD is the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers, and health plans through public and private online portals, mobile platforms and health focused publications. The consumer network includes the owned and operated sites: MedicineNet.com, MedTerms.com, eMedicineHealth.com, and RxList.com.
Senior Director, Network Strategy 2011-2012
- Focus was on optimizing the network of sites to help sustain 30% traffic growth (40+MM monthly unique users) through integrative online strategies and tactics such as cross promotion, user engagement initiatives, newsletter marketing, staff management, new content, and other website enhancements.
Contractor Consultant to WebMD 2010-2011
- Performed analysis and worked on special projects for WebMD.com, Boots.webmd.com and WebMD’s owned and operated sites.
- Created web metric dashboard report for senior management that increased efficiency.
Vice President Marketing and Content Innovation 2004-2010
Managed the team of web content producers, marketers, web developers and designers.
Responsible for delivering over half of the MUUs (monthly unique users) for the WebMD Consumer Network.
- Successfully and consistently saw traffic grow 20-40% year after year primarily driven by the development of original health content and search engine optimization resulting in 89% of the referral traffic coming from the search engines.
- Integrated two websites into content management system (CMS) with no traffic loss and subsequently saw each of the two sites monthly unique traffic grow 115% and 32% within one year.
- Designed and launched user generated content (UGC) moderation system that generated over 5 million page views per month.
- Initiated the Social Media strategy on MedicineNet.com by creating Facebook and Twitter accounts.
- Liaison with physician writers who wrote search-friendly health and medical information for consumers and patients.
MedicineNet, Inc., San Clemente, CA
Online publisher of consumer health and medical information (MedicineNet.com and MedTerms.com). Acquired by WebMD in December of 2004.
Vice President Marketing
Reported to the President/CEO. Managed marketing department and all marketing activities.
- Grew site traffic by 600% to over 12 million monthly page views resulting in revenue growth of over 40% per year.
- Created and implemented new products and programs to help diversify revenue streams and build traffic. This included new advertising sources, and repackaging of the content (i.e. RSS Feeds, Webster’s New World™ Medical Dictionary, Google AdSense / Overture Content Match, etc.).
- Oversaw implementation of usability suggestions that had immediate positive results in viewer engagement and traffic (page views per visit increased 4%; average time spent increased 2%; unique monthly visits grew 35% in four months).
- Responsible for look, feel and features of website.
- Managed paid search (PPC) advertising campaigns (Google Adwords, Overture) with a monthly budget topping $25K.
- Became skillful in search engine optimization (SEO).
NEC Computer Systems Division, Mountain View, CA (1996-1998)
Director, Product Marketing and Management Corporate Desktops
Oversaw NEC’s commercial desktop PCs and Professional Workstations (PowerMate brand) with over $100 million in sales with a steady 10% sales growth.
Advanced Logic Research, Irvine, CA (1992-1996)
Product Manager (multiprocessing servers, desktop PCs, multimedia, and software)
Responsible for complete product life cycle, press coverage, sales training, and marketing strategy for this innovative PC hardware manufacturer.
Education and Areas of Expertise
Bachelor of Arts, California State University, Long Beach, CA
Speech Communication specializing in Interpersonal and Organizational Communication with a Minor in Marketing
- Specialties: Audience acquisition, user experience (UX), content marketing, usability, information architecture, structured data, competitive analysis, web analytics (Adobe Site Catalyst, Google Analytics), Google Search Console, search findability, content strategy, SEO training and strategy.
- Attend various SEO conferences: SMX Advanced, SES Conference & Expo
- Attended 2-day Information Architecture (IA) Course offered by Nielsen Norman Group in February, 2014
- HFI-Certified Usability Analyst (CUA), Human Factors International in September, 2005
- Member of The Information Architecture Institute (IA Institute)